Skillet Bolognese Eggs
Skillet Bolognese Eggs is perfect for a weeknight meal. Utilizing leftover Bolognese or even your favorite local Italian restaurant's Bolognese makes this meal a cinch. Keep in mind there are no measurements on this recipe, as they will vary depending upon how many eggs you would like to cook and how much Bolognese you use. I typically use 4 to 5 eggs to feed my family of 4. Click here for a Bolognese recipe.
- Bolognese, see above for recipe
- grated parmesan, to taste
- fresh basil, chopped
- Place the Bolognese into a skillet. Fill it about halfway full. Bring the Bolognese to a gentle boil over medium heat. Decrease the heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl. Set aside. Make a small depression in the Bolognese and gently pour the egg into this spot. Continue this process until all eggs are used (up to 5 or 6 depending up on the size of the skillet used).
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until the eggs are cooked to desired doneness., about 7 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and top with grated parmesan and basil. Serve warm with crusty French bread.