Carrot Ginger Blended Soup with Green Apples, Pistachios and Basil
- 1 1/2 pounds baby carrots
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 small shallots, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2-3 one-inch pieces ginger
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, quartered
- 2 tablespoon cream
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest
- green apple, diced
- basil leaves, torn
- salted and roasted pistachios
- Place the carrots, stock, shallots and salt into the Vitamix or an industrial blender. Turn blender on and slowly increase to the highest setting. Blend for 4 to 5 minutes, or until warm.
- Add the ginger and butter and continue to blend for one minute, or until the butter is melted. Add the cream and lemon juice. Continue to blend for 3-4 minutes, or until the soup is warm to the touch.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls. Top with lemon zest, green apple, basil and pistachios.