Chilled Avocado and Cucumber Soup
This is a refreshing and filling soup. It is packed with protein and can easily be adjusted to be dairy free. If the soup needs to be served immediately and there is not time to chill, add a few pieces of crushed ice. Add a 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander if you would like a sweet note to the soup. If you desire to add more protein to the soup, it is delicious topped with a diced boiled egg or a side of spicy garlic shrimp (see notes for recipe).
- 2 avocados, pulp removed
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro
- 1 cup water
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- lime wedges, for topping
- chopped cilantro, for topping
- Place all ingredients except toppings into a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Store in the fridge until chilled. Serve cold topped with chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Click here for the Spicy Garlic Shrimp Recipe.