Cumin Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
For easy clean-up, line the sheet pan with foil. To speed the process along, I prep the carrots and cilantro while the potatoes roast for the first 20 minutes. The cook time for the carrots and potatoes will vary depending upon their sizes.
- 24 ounces small gold potatoes, halved
- 24 ounces carrots, peeled and ends removed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- fresh chopped cilantro, for topping
- lime wedges, for topping
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of oil, paprika, garlic, salt and cumin. Mix well.
- Place the potatoes into the bowl and stir to evenly coat the potatoes. With a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes and place onto a rimmed baking sheet. Place into the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Set the remaining oil mixture aside to use later. If the oil mixture in the bowl looks dry, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir to combine.
- After 20 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven. Push the potatoes to one half of the sheet pan. Add the carrots and evenly drizzle the remaining oil mixture over the carrots. Return to the oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, turning the carrots once halfway through roasting.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven once the potatoes are crispy and the carrots softened. Let cool for 5 minutes. Place onto a serving plate, topped with cilantro and fresh lime juice. Serve warm.