Family Style Ramen Noodles
Adjust the amount of noodles and eggs cooked based on the number of people being served. If you would like more liquid with your ramen, increase the chicken broth to 9 cups and slightly increase the additional broth ingredients. The toppings listed are optional. Remember that the toppings should be based off your cravings. Other options for toppings are: brisket, shredded pork, kimchi, American cheese slices, radishes, fresh basil—just to name a few.
- 6 green onions
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2- inch pieces of ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 star anise pods
- 1/4 tsp up to 1 tsp kosher salt, adjust to taste
- 2 to 3 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 bundles ramen noodles
- 4 eggs
- rotisserie chicken, shredded
- baby cucumbers, cut into 2 to 3-inch matchsticks
- quick pickled carrots, see recipe link below
- sesame seeds, optional topping
- Remove the white end from the green onion and set aside. Finely chop the green onion and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the white onion ends, chicken broth, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic cloves, granulated garlic and star anise. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Taste the broth and add the salt, according to your preference.
- Place the ramen noodles into to the broth and cook for 3 minutes, or to your desired doneness. Add the sesame oil to the broth and stir well to combine.
- While the broth is cooking, fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, gently place 4 eggs into the water. Cook for 7 to 7 1/2 minutes. Immediately place the eggs into an ice bath. Peel and slice the eggs just before service.
- Add the cooked ramen into shallow serving bowls and cover with the soy sauce broth. Serve with the optional toppings: soft boiled eggs, shredded rotisserie chicken, cucumbers, pickled carrots, sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Click here for the Quick Pickled Carrots.