Grilled Steak and Potato Skewers
- 2 lbs sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 2 cups yellow onion, cut into 1 x 1 ½-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 30 minutes before grilling, soak the skewers in water (if using wooden skewers).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and a generous pinch of kosher salt to the water. Boil for 3 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander. Set aside and let cool.
- Heat the grill to 350-400 degrees.
- In a large bowl place 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic. Stir to combine.
- Place the steak, onions and potatoes into the bowl and toss to coat. Be sure to toss gently so not to break the potato slices.
- On a skewer, alternate the pieces of meat, potato and onions. Be sure to leave a little room between each ingredient to help them cook evenly. Place the skewers onto the grill. Grill 6-7 minutes per side. Serve hot.