Lemon Garlic Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- zest of 3 lemons
- 6 garlic cloves, 3 crushed and 3 chopped
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- fresh parsley or green onion, chopped (for topping)
- fresh lemon juice from 3 lemons
- 30 minutes before cooking, season the chicken pieces with 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon .
- When ready to cook, place 2 tablespoons of canola oil and 3 crushed garlic cloves into a non-stick skillet or wok. Cook over medium-high heat until the garlic cloves are golden. Remove the garlic cloves.
- Sear the chicken on both sides for a total of 4-6 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the additional tablespoon of canola oil. Remove from the skillet, add the chopped garlic and stir to prevent browning. Add the cooked rice into the wok and place back onto heat. Stir constantly.
- Add the remaining lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Continue to stir until the rice is coated with the lemon juice and is somewhat golden. Add the cooked chicken with juices into the skillet. Stir and remove from heat.
- Place the rice into individual bowls. Top with chicken, fresh parsley (or green onion) and a spritz of fresh lemon juice. Serve immediately.
It’s easy to add your favorite vegetable to this stir fry. Add the vegetables like snow peas or baby broccoli to the wok when you are sautéing the cooked rice.