One-Pan Creamy Shrimp and Asparagus with Mushrooms and Herbs
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb asparagus, (woody ends removed) chopped
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, diced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Adjust the oven racks to the third level from the broiler. Heat the broiler to 550 degrees.
- Place the mushrooms and asparagus into a baking pan. Top with the cream, 1/2 tsp salt and red pepper flakes (optional). Stir to combine. Top with the butter and place into the oven and broil for 4 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and add the vinegar and garlic. Stir to incorporate. Top the vegetables with an even layer of shrimp. Evenly distribute 1/2 tsp salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Return the baking dish back to the oven and cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir the shrimp cook for additional 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked all the way through. This time will vary depending upon the size of the shrimp used.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil and dill. Serve with pasta or rice and a green salad.