Pesto Mascarpone Crostini
If the mascarpone and pesto are not at the same temperature when combined, the mascarpone will curdle. Bringing the mascarpone to room temperature will take about 3 to 4 hours. Feel free to use homemade pesto or store bought pesto. This mascarpone mixture is perfect to top toasted crusty bread, pasta and grilled proteins. Be creative with how you serve it.
- 8 oz mascarpone, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pesto, room temperature
- baguettes, sliced and toasted
- fresh basil, for topping
- Place the mascarpone into a small mixing bowl. Gently fold the pesto with the mascarpone until thoroughly combined.
- Use immediately or place in the fridge to slightly chill, about 30 minutes. Keep in mind that Pesto Mascarpone will harden and will become difficult to spread when stored in the fridge. If making ahead, be sure to remove the Pesto Mascarpone an hour or two before using.
- Serve on top of crusty bread, topped with freshly torn basil.