Roasted Radish and Sausage Pizza
- pizza dough
- tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 -2 cups radishes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- uncased sausage, I prefer spicy, about 3 links worth
- mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl combine the radishes, oil and salt. Evenly distribute on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes, until tender. Remove from the oven. Increase the heat to 500 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage until slightly underdone.
- Roll out the pizza dough. Place a layer of tomato sauce on the dough. Next add a handful of cheese to cover the sauce. Add the sausage, radishes and shallots to the pizza. Top with a sprinkling of cheese. Place in the oven and cook until the dough is golden and the cheese melted and browned, about 8-15 minutes.
This is a non-recipe simply because pizza is a personal creation. Adjust the toppings to your liking. Additional cheese, like parmesan or pecorino, would work well with this pizza. Click here for tomato sauce recipe.