Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Pine Nuts, Arugula and Balsamic Glaze
- 7 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10 thyme branches, tied
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups arugula, chopped
- 2/3 cups balsamic
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes into a large bowl. Stir.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the olive oil mixture and stir well to coat the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes and thyme on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread evenly into one layer. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven once roasted.
- Meanwhile, place the pine nuts into a small skillet and cook over medium low heat for 5-8 minutes. Shake the skillet frequently to prevent burning. Set aside.
- Place the balsamic vinegar into a small sauce pan. Heat on high and let boil uncovered for 7-10 minutes, or until the vinegar is reduced and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove the thyme from the potatoes. Place the potatoes onto a platter. Top with the toasted pine nuts and chopped arugula. Drizzle the preferred amount of balsamic glaze on top. Serve warm.
This recipe is easily doubled. Serve it as a side, or even as a main dish with quinoa and a runny egg.