Shake ‘N Bake Gruyere Chicken Tenders
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 2 eggs, whisked in a flat-bottomed bowl
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups grated gruyere
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ground pepper
- canola oil spray
- Heat an oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil. Lay a cooling rack on top of the sheet pan and spray with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a gallon-sized sealable plastic bag, add 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, 1 cup of grated gruyere and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Seal the bag and shake to thoroughly combine. Set aside
- In a flat bottom bowl (I use a glass pie pan), whisk the two eggs. Dredge the chicken tenders in the egg wash. Place the chicken on the cooling rack to drain for a few minutes.
- Working in batches, place half of the chicken into the plastic bag. Shake the chicken until the tenders are thoroughly coated. Add the coated tenders back onto the cooling rack.
- Add the remaining breadcrumbs, gruyere and salt into the sealable bag. Shake to evenly distribute. Place the remaining chicken tenders into the bag and shake once more to coat.
- Add the tenders to the cooling rack. Evenly distribute pepper to taste on top of the tenders. Place the chicken into the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm and salt to taste.