Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus with Chimichurri
- 4 to 5 center cut Salmon filets
- 2-3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh lemon juice
- chimichurri, see recipe below
- Turn the oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil.
- Place the salmon on one side of the sheet pan. Cover each filet with mayonnaise. Place the asparagus (in one layer) on the other end of the sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil and salt on top.
- Place in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove from the oven, squeeze fresh lemon juice on top of the asparagus and salmon. Plate and top with chimichurri. Serve warm.
for the Chimichurri
- Place 1 cup fresh parsley (lightly packed), 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, 3 cloves of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar into a food processor. Blitz until chopped and combined. Pour into a container and stir in the oregano and red pepper flakes. Cover and store in the fridge for at least 3 hours.