Shrimp and Asparagus Gratin
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled deveined
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 tablespoons onion butter, see recipe below, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- for the Onion Butter
For the onion butter
- 2 large shallots
- 1 cup green onion
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the onion butter, salt, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic. Stir well. Add shrimp and asparagus to the mixture and stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl, toss breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place shrimp mixture into a large gratin dish (or a shallow glass baking dish). Add the white wine and then top with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked and the top is browned.
For the Onion Butter
- Place onions in food processor. Puree. Add butter. Puree until combined. Scrape sides of bowl as needed.
- Store in airtight container or plastic wrap in the fridge for up to one week.
If you are pressed for time do not make the onion butter. Use unsalted butter. Also chop up 1/2 a shallot and throw it into the shrimp mixture.