Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 pound shrimp
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. In a medium sized bowl place 1 tablespoon of of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, ¼ teaspoon of paprika, juice of 1 lemon and the chives. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- In a second medium sized mixing bowl place 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, ¼ teaspoon of paprika and the lemon zest. Stir well to combine. Add the shrimp to the bowl and turn the shrimp several times to coat.
- Pour the shrimp mixture onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread the shrimp out into an even single layer. Place the shrimp into the oven and cook until pink, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the oven and with a slotted spoon place the cooked shrimp into the clean bowl of spices .
- Turn the shrimp several times to coat well. This dish is delicious topped with a crumbly cheese and served warm with black bean puree. However it is also a tasty dish served cold with chilled avocado and cucumber soup. (See notes for recipes).