Strawberry Cinnamon Mascarpone Spread
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 3 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- dash of cognac, optional
- strawberries and torn mint for topping, optional
- Put the strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir well to combine. Set aside in the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the strawberries from the fridge, and with a potato masher (or fork), mash the strawberries until smooth.
- Fold in the mascarpone, cinnamon, salt and cognac (if using). Stir well to incorporate. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serve on top of toasted, crusty bread with strawberries and mint.