Tomato and Red Pepper Salad
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients into a small bowl, stir to combine.
This salad can be eaten by itself, however I like to use it as a “topper” to several meals. It goes great with Chicken Pesto Nachos (click here for recipe), roasted/grilled meats, pastas, pizza, grains and crostini. Tomato and Red Pepper Salad is a bright and light summer recipe. This recipe is easily doubled.