Tomato Herb Salad with Buttery Croutons
Use your favorite variety of tomatoes. For the best croutons use a quality salted butter.
- 5 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups French baguette, diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons quality salted butter
- Add the tomatoes, mint, basil and tarragon into a large bowl. Toss with the vinegar, olive oil and salt. Place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the butter to a medium skillet. Melt over medium heat. Add the baguette pieces and stir to coat. Brown the baguettes over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently to evenly brown the bread.
- Right before service, plate the salad and top with croutons. Serve immediately.