Yellow Curry Cauliflower
- 12 ounce pre-cut cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup yellow curry paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar, adjust to taste
- 2 red bell peppers
- cooked farro or rice
- cilantro, rough chopped
- lime wedges
- Heat the oven to 550 degrees.
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with foil. Place the precut cauliflower onto the sheet pan (breaking up any large pieces). Top with oil and salt. Toss. Cover the top of the sheet pan with foil and crimp the edges around the sheet pan to create a steaming pocket. Cook for 8 minutes.
- In a small saucepan add the yellow curry paste, water, coconut milk and sugar. Stir and bring to a simmer. While waiting for the curry to simmer, slice the bell peppers and add to the curry once simmering.
- Check the cauliflower. If it is easily pierced with a fork, remove from the oven and place half of the cauliflower into the curry sauce. Stir to coat and lower the temperature to low. Place the other half of cauliflower back into the oven uncovered. Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until browned on top. Save this cauliflower for another meal (perhaps black bean puree and roasted cauliflower street tacos?)
- Place cooked farro (or rice) into bowls top with curry cauliflower, cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Season to taste.
To save time, purchase a premade yellow curry sauce from your local market. To make more rich and flavorful add a few tablespoons of coconut milk. If you are not planning to save half of the roasted cauliflower (as instructed to in the recipe) and would like to make a large batch of yellow curry cauliflower, double the curry sauce. The measurements would be: 1/2 cup yellow curry paste, 1/2 cup water, 3 cups coconut milk, 2-3 teaspoons sugar (adjust to taste). Keep in mind that curry pastes vary on salt and sugar content. When in doubt, always start with mild seasoning and adjust the seasoning as you cook (and taste!).