Roasted Chicken Salad with Whole Grain Mustard and Fresh Thyme
- 4 cups roasted chicken, cut into bite sized chunks (see notes for recipe)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts, toasted optional
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all the ingredients and stir to combine. Serve on crusty bread or by itself.
This chicken salad has become a staple in our household. The whole-grain mustard and fresh thyme is a nice change from the typical mayonnaise based chicken salad. Chopped kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes or artichokes would be nice additions to the salad. This recipe has been adapted from a chicken salad recipe from Food52’s Amanda Hesser. Click here for roasted chicken recipe.