Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place a stainless steel bowl (or the preferred mixing bowl) in the fridge and let chill for 15 minutes.
- Once the bowl is chilled, remove it from the fridge and place all ingredients in the bowl.
- With a whipping attachment, whip the cream mixture on medium until peeks form.
- Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
About three and a half years ago I made a delicious whipped mint crème fraiche from Food and Wine Magazine. I fell in love with this topping. A couple of years later I stumbled upon Food52’s Nancy Silverton’s Whipped Cream. This recipe evolved from my love of whipped crème fraiche. Also, if vanilla beans are not handy, feel free to just use vanilla extract. This topping is perfect for panna cotta, pudding, coffee, cakes, pies and fruit. It’s not too sweet but not too plain. This whipped cream can be made up to 24 hours in advance.