Blended Black Bean Soup with Pico de Gallo
This recipe is easily doubled and freezer friendly. Be creative with the toppings because blended soups are served best with a variety of textures. Crumbled tortilla chips, queso fresca, Mexican crema and Avocado Dip (click here for recipe) are excellent additions.
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- pico de gallo
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the stock, beans, bell pepper, garlic salt and vinegar into an industrial blender. Blend, increasing the speed gradually, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the soup is smooth and steaming.
- Serve warm topped with pico, chopped fresh cilantro and any additional toppings. Salt to taste.