Sausage, Cheddar and Pickle Platter
This recipe is replica of the Smoked Sausage, Cheese and Pickle Plate at Champy’s Famous Fried Chicken, a restaurant chain found in the South. To make a smaller portion, use half the ingredients listed below. If you want a variety of cheeses, use smoked Gouda and manchego in addition to the cheddar. I also generally use two or three different types of sausage.
- 2 14-ounce packages of precooked sausage, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 16-ounce block of cheddar cheese, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 16-ounce jars pickled cucumbers, cut into bite-size pieces
- Pickled peppers, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil. Evenly distribute the sausage onto both pans. Place into oven and cook the sausage until the fat renders or per the package instructions.
- Remove from the oven and evenly distribute the cheese and pickles with the sausage. Serve immediately.