A special day calls for a special breakfast, especially when it’s to celebrate the mother figures in our lives. There’s no better way to usher in these particular 24-hours than with a cheerful and delicious start.
Breakfast Crostini combines decadence of savory breakfast with the fun of bite-sized appetizers.
Whole grain mustard, brie, prosciutto and dill are strategically piled onto Market Street’s freshly baked baguettes to create, a most special breakfast.
While I would like to claim that this recipe is one that is new to my home, that would be untrue. In fact, my children and husband have been serving me Breakfast Crostini on Mother’s Day for the past few years now.
It all started when my children learned to make scrambled eggs (click here to read more). Their confidence in the kitchen began to increase and so did their creativity.
My teeth are note sweet, in fact, they are salty. My family knows that I prefer cheese to cake, scrambled eggs to waffles, prosciutto to cookies. That’s why on days dedicated to their special lady, they choose savory bites over sugary.
On these special mornings I awake to breakfast in bed—a small bouquet of flowers from Market Street decorates a tray full of fresh coffee, fruit and breakfast crostini. I couldn’t dream of a better way to start my special day than with the ones I love making me such a special breakfast.
Today, I share with you a family inspired recipe. Breakfast Crostini is simple in preparation and perfect to serve anyone who prefers a salty start to their day.
Let Market Street help you celebrate the women in your life. Make the day stand apart with homemade goodness and beautiful flowers. Happy Mother’s Day!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Market Street. All opinions are my own.
- French baguette, sliced and toasted
- whole grain mustard
- brie, or your favorite spreadable soft cheese
- 1 4- ounce package prosciutto, torn into bite sized bundles
- scrambled eggs
- chopped fresh herbs, basil, dill and cilantro
- Smear a layer of whole grain mustard onto the baguette slices. Spread the brie onto the toasted baguette slices.
- Lay a bundle or two of the prosciutto onto the brie. Top with a spoonful of scrambled eggs. Sprinkle with your favorite chopped fresh herbs. Serve warm or at room temperature.