Isn’t it fun to look back on what was beloved as a child and revisit it as an adult? Popsicles are one of those items that instantly take me back to hot summers, slip ‘n slides and cold treats.
I have come to find that making popsicles at home is not only a tasty and fun way to embrace the heat with my kids, but it also takes me back to my own childhood. Plus, I see now as a mom, the benefit of making popsicles at home is the ability to control the sugar and food dye. Talk about a win-win!
As an adult, When I think summertime afternoon treats, I think of iced tea. I’ve started to think why not combine these two favorite pastimes.
Peach Tea Popsicles have become the product of longing for two favorites. What’s even better is that it’s peach season and during the heat of summer the peaches at Market Street are ripe for the taking.
There’s nothing like walking past the fruit stalls at Market Street and taking in the scent of sweet peaches. From white peaches to yellow peaches, Market Street fills the produce department with the best of summer-ripe goodness.
Combining these two summertime favorites is simple. Brew a batch of peach tea (herbal peach tea works as well!), sweeten with a bit of sugar (not too much though because fresh peaches add their own sweetness) and combine with peeled peaches. Place into a food processor and blitz. Pour into popsicle molds and get to freezing.
Beat the heat this summer and embrace the long days with this new seasonal favorite, Peach Tea Popsicles.
Peach Tea Popsicles
- 4 cups brewed peach tea sweetened with 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-5 Peaches
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil.
- Using a paring knife score the peaches (gently slicing an X onto the peach skin). Place the peaches into the boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Remove the peaches from the boiling water and place into an ice bath for 3-5 minutes. Remove the peaches from the ice bath and place onto a rimmed cutting board.
- Remove the peach skin. Cut four chunks of peach pulp from each peach.
- Place the peach tea and the pulp from peaches into a food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- Pour the peach tea mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze until solid, about 8-12 hours.