Roast Beef Puff Sandwiches
The flavor of this sandwich will be determined by the cheese and condiment you choose to use. I prefer Chick-Fil-A sauce, but you may prefer yellow mustard. Choose whichever shredded cheese you love. This recipe can also work as an appetizer, just cut the pieces into smaller bites!
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- favorite sandwich condiment, like a “special sauce” or mustard, to taste
- 1/2 lb roast beef sandwich meat, sliced thin
- handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- finely grated Parmesan cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese, enough to top the roast beef
- 1 egg, whisked
- kosher salt, to taste
- Heat an oven to 450 degrees F.
- Roll-out one puff pastry sheet to a 10″x 12″ rectangle. Place the rectangle on a parchment lined sheet-pan. Leaving one inch around the boarder, smear a hearty amount of the condiment onto the puff pastry sheet. Top with the roast beef.
- Evenly distribute the basil leaves on top of the roast beef. Top with the grated parmesan and shredded cheddar.
- Roll-out the second puff pastry sheet to a 10×12″ rectangle. Place on top of the beef and cheese. Seal the edges securely by using a fork. Brush the top with the egg wash and sprinkle with the salt. Make three slits on top of the puff pastry.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut and serve with additional condiment for dipping.